Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sicko

Now that I've published the preggo news, I can actually blog about what's on my mind. Which currently, is how sick I feel. sick sick sick. Yuck. I was actually relieved a little bit to find out it was twins because at least it validated me a bit in how nauseated and tired I was all day long. I kept telling Mark, "I don't remember feeling this bad before . . ." So I feel sicker than my previous gestating attempts, but consistent with my priors, I don't actually throw-up. Wish I would, but I'm not sure the post-throw-up 'feel-better' window applies with pregnancy nausea. I have been trying to eat more regularly these last few days and it seems to help some. I've tried the B-6 and unisom combo and haven't felt it has done much. Maybe I'll track down some ginger pills and give them a shot.

It has been a bit hard to blog these last 3 months because underlying most everything that has been going on has been this last IVF-quest. I started meds the end of July and have been following doctors orders since then. Kind of makes me feel like I should get credit for all those weeks towards this pregnancy, but it doesn't exactly work that way. There are lots of women who blog about their whole IVF journey, but I think that only works when you haven't experienced too much failure. It is a little too hard to put yourself out there when you know what the odds are. Better just to share the news after the fact. Failure or success, at least you have some prep time to put your game face on. My friend Robyn told me today of another mom (of twins) whose reaction to my news was to say, "I can't believe she told people already; doesn't she know she could still lose them??" My response is "Duh. Like I don't know that." Of course I could; of course I have read and researched and tried to pinpoint my odds of a successful pregnancy considering all the facts I have at hand. That's the kind of gal I am. I certainly don't fall on the pollyanna side of pregnancy; but there has never been any of it within my control. So I just cross my fingers from here. 31 weeks to go (doesn't that sound like an eternity?)

7 comments:

jen said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Maybe that means there is at least one boy in there!! I never threw up with my pregnancies either. The nausea was so bad I wish I did, though!! I don't have any helpful advice on feeling better. Sorry. I am very excited for you!!

stace said...

some people are so lame.

saramarilee said...

You're right in not keeping this a secret. If you're like me, you need the support of people around you. I love you miss sicko!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I also think that you are right in telling people you are pregnant with twins....I am with Sara, you need the support. The truth is that you would want to let people know if you lost one or both of them. I love how open you are, I hope you never stop being open, people are drawn to you for the reason. Plus, I am on the side of optimism....think postive thoughts! Twin boys:)

Liz said...

I have been trying to wrap my brain around having Mary plus twins!! Holy COW, if anyone can do it you can Sarah and blog about it too!

annebabe said...

i don't understand the whole " i don't throw up thing". that is not in my processing center. i think i hate you. j/k :) okay, really, its more like 28 weeks or so, right? give yourself some slack.

farmgirl said...

I'm with you on the whole "Maybe I would feel better if I could just throw up!" Look at it this way, you just opened a big old can of prayer worms. All these people excited and thinking about you, it's a good thing.