Has it really been two weeks since I brought these kiddos home? And I haven't found time to blog or even post more pictures?? The days here at the Weston home are monotonously long and repetitive. That's not to say that we don't all love the new additions; the adorability factor of two tiny newborns cannot be underestimated. There is a very satisfying 'mother-feeling' to hold them both at the same time-- think the coziness of a new baby times two and you'll get the idea.
Despite being 3 weeks old, the girls are still very much newborns. Eating every two hours, then sleeping. V and Roxy seem to be getting a little bit more alert and interacting more; I have to remind myself that these girls should technically still be in the womb at this point and since neither has crossed that 7lb threshold yet, they act very much like preemies.
I haven't found the care of the girls to be overwhelming (except the lack of sleep), but keeping up with all my other motherly & wifely jobs seems to be my downfall at this point. Every day marks some small improvement as we all continue to adjust. Poor Janie is probably suffering the most from the drop in attention, but I can guarantee that she is no longer going to end up spoiled after all this. She is cute with the babies; she doesn't try to touch them too much or play with them, nor does she get mad when they are constantly on our laps. She just plants herself next to us on the couch and gets her snuggling in sideways. Good girl. And she naps and sleeps like a dream, which gives me hope for her two younger sisters.
Oops- gotta go. Babes are waking up.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
3 weeks already?
Posted by
Sarah
at
7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good to hear from you again! I was starting to get worried, but it sounds like it is going great. I'm sure it has been a huge adjustment for your family but what a blessing!
time flies. i can't decide if the right after baby stage goes by at some hyper warp speed or drags on and on and on. i'm glad you posted again although i thought for sure there would be a pic of you and your hot post-preggo body wearing your pre-maternity jeans just to make everyone jealous. but i guess that's the next one right? ;)
I'm glad to hear from you! I know, I should be better about calling & keeping in touch, but I never get around to it somehow. Anyway, I'm so glad the adjustment to two newbies is going OK for the most part. We wish we could see them in person; great picture on Michelle's blog of the three newest cousins!
Congratulations (3 weeks late apparently)! They are beautiful! I'm glad to hear the adjustment isn't too bad! Go super mom!!!
Post a Comment