Monday, June 29, 2009

3's Company

I am in the middle of potty-training Janie (for the 2nd time; the first time was DISASTROUS) and I sent the twins, Maddie, and Meg to my Mom's house. (FYI, it is going much better this time). But the reason I am posting is this:

And I am AMAZED. SHOCKED. Nonplussed even, at how easy it is to parent without the twins around. THIS would have been my life without the dynamic-duo that joined us a year ago? I don't want to sound like a terrible mother, but what a life I traded in. I wanted another baby desperately after Janie, but my HANNAH (that's an Andi quote), how simple it would be to have one toddler running around instead of 3. Guess I've gotten pretty good at juggling them all for these few hours alone with Janie to shock me.

2 hours to go and I'm back to the Fabulous 5 running around the house.
It's a good thing I'm such a pro at running on the gym treadmill because I've got my own version RIGHT HERE.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Believe me I cannot imagine there are typically 2 if not 3 of us at home with Mary and she still manages to sometimes get lost. Good thing we can follow the giggles when we say "Mary where are you" we are still working on potty training too.

Michelle & Steve said...

Potty training? Wow, what a big girl Janie must be. And even if it is for potty duty, I'm glad that sometimes you get a few hours of just one toddler!

farmgirl said...

Potty training are you? Well, that train left the station and made a quick return once we left our humble abode in sunny St. George.
Grant in undies + vacation = Disaster!
One more thing to put on the list of to do's when I get back...in the meantime....

GO Janie Go!! (In the potty that is)

:o)

jen said...

Good luck potty training. You are making me feel a little guilty for not even attempting the whole potty thing with my two year old. Hope Jane does well this round!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Good job Janie~ I am not potty training yet but we are approaching it very quickly! I can only imagine what your life would be like with just Janie. Cruises...Trips...date nights at normal time....Ahh but they are so dang cute you would have been bored.