Sunday, March 30, 2008

18 months




Janie is now 18 months. Wow. It sure doesn't seem like a year and a half has passed. Guess that makes Janie a toddler now. She seems less and less a baby the more she talks. My brilliant, beautiful, bright child (hyperbole is appropriate for a mom, remember?) is just a hoot to be around. Her vocabulary is growing every day and I get such a kick from hearing her converse about the vent on the ceiling (why is it so interesting????) and about flags and tractors and babies and bubbles and circles. She added 'wall' and 'doctor' and 'gummies' and 'neck' to the vocab mix these last two days. It is fun to hear. She is finally at a point where she repeats or attempts to repeat most words we speak to her. She regularly asks, "Where are the girls?" and yesterday, after hearing Mark yell for the girls from the balcony, repeated after him yelling, "Girls, come in the house!!". Jane was pig-piling on top of Mark on my bed this morning and when Meg came over for a snuggle, Janie pointed to the other side of the bed and told her firmly, "Megan, go to bed". Jane likes to claim Daddy all for herself. Maddie and Megan are now finally called by their actual names and it is understandable when Jane says it; she also calls the cat by its name, "Muffin". Awwwww . . . . She measured in at 22lbs and 31 inches (I think??). She was 17th percentile for weight and 40th for height, which means so far she is my tallest girl yet at this stage in life. Meg and Maddie were always 10th percentile for everything. Of course, I have only 2 inches on Madelin at this point, so I am sure she will exceed my 5' stature fairly soon.

It hurts me a bit to post my amateurish pics (all unedited except the b&w one) because all my friends are such photogs now, but someone has to balance out the spectrum and I guess it will be me.

7 comments:

El Scorcho said...

Sorry to hijack your comments.
I love you and our daughter madly but on the link to Kendra and Dave you spelled Kendra without the "R".
Kenda is a brand of bicycle tires.

jen said...

Just barely 18 months old and Janie is already a natural in the nursery! She is so cute to watch when I go in there. She is really smart.

I think your pictures are great. I wouldn't feel bad about putting those up. Janie is adorable.

annebabe said...

i want to eat jane up! seriously, she is a doll! marissa wants to play with jane ALL THE TIME! i need to come steal her more often. :)

andrea said...

She is so cute. And I have to say she has great pigtails. At 18 months I was still waiting for Piper to get hair. She is one lucky girl. How fun would it be to be surrounded by sisters?

Liz said...

I wish Mary had her vocabulary! Janie is super cute!!

Diane said...

You have the cutest girls! It's a good thing too, because you're adding two more.

B & J Weston said...

It looks like Janie rules the roost at your home. What fun for Maddie and Megan to be willing to follow their sister's commands. It won't be long until she wants to go and do whatever they do, then they'll be back in control - at least temporarally! (I'm sure I didn't spell that right but you know what I mean.) We wish you well in the next six weeks as you add 40% to your family (2/5 = 40%).