I have been inundated with family activities--- Rachel (Jaden&Jackie) were up here and then Em and all her family; then the trip to Portland for Grandpa's funeral. It was nice to see everybody, but good to get home. I didn't call my mom to invite her over for Easter dinner and she didn't call me either . . . I think we are both 'familied out' for the moment. Sometimes it is nice just to hole up with your own husband & kids and enjoy home. Jane was a fantastic traveler; better than I expected. The only downside is that she sort-of forgot how to go to sleep on her own easily. Currently, she is crying in her bed. I used to just put her down and walk out of the room and there was no crying at all; the girl got a little spoiled with all the attention and staying in a hotel room with me. Hopefully she can pick it back up soon because I don't like the whole 'crying-it-out' method very much, yet, I don't know how to get her back to where she was without letting some of it happen. Madelin and Meg did just great without me all week; they are such independent little spirits! I had to reiterate the rules of the house, however, because they made jello jiggler Easter eggs while I was gone (I called them knox blox when I was little) which involved boiling water on the stove. Oohhh--that's so not okay with me! To their credit, they managed to not spill jello juice or make a sugary mess (at least one that stuck around for me to clean up). But I don't know if I could have poured liquid jello into the egg molds without creating a purple river of stickiness on the counter top.
No comments:
Post a Comment