Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Water Woes

I'm thinking I won't get a lot of sympathy that my biggest concern today is getting my pool running like I want it to. But it is. Water went in about 5 days ago and the pool guys have yet (until today) set the valves, computer, chlorinater, heater, etc so that it is 100% operational. That annoys me. Mark (ever so sensitive to the pushy/demanding new-homeowner syndrome) won't let me harass the subs at all and just kept telling me to "be patient". So I'm trying. But it didn't really stop me from going out and politely (I think . . ) talking with and questioning the pool guy. I wanted him to specifically address my concerns (programming the computer, poor water circulation in the shallow end and the pool vac issue). The guy was sort of jumping around my questions and I wasn't quite satisfied. When I asked him when I was going to be trained on the pool equipment and salt chlorinator (we didn't have a salt water pool before), he said that I would have to wait for the Johanson's pool guy to come do it. He then said that he could teach me, but I probably wouldn't understand it. "Really", I replied, "Is that because you're a bad teacher?" (OK- that was a little snippy, but come on, he made it sound like I would find it all too confusing and too overwhelming for my little stay-at-home mom brain!) I contained my snippiness from there. It took some restraint.



Here are some pics of the pool. It's dirty so it's not sparkling, but you can still see our shallow area (the kids' pool!) and the cool elevation and rock stuff that Mark designed. I really do like how it turned out; I especially like the pebble-tek finish (as opposed to plaster). Plaster gets marbled and swirly over time (which it is supposed to do) but I never liked the look much.

2 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Is it wrong that I covet your pool? Oh by the way, he did sound like a stupid pool guy!

Rebekah B. said...

Very nice. Can't wait to come for a visit...and a swim!