Friday, May 18, 2007

Dropped a Dime

So as of yesterday, I have officially dropped 10 pounds in the last month. So I guess self-deprevation does work. That puts me back at my pre-IVF and IF medical intervention weight. I haven't been there in a few years. I've now got a baby and myself back, bonus. Actually, I have not been strictly dieting for the last two weeks--- I was nearly perfect for a couple weeks and then took a week break and then went back to the no-refined-carb thing. I have a theory that dieting too much is bad for my metabolism. I know that technically the calorie-in/calorie out mathematical calculation should hold, but I just don't think it does. There must be more going on physiologically than just that. I just don't see me continually losing 1-2 lbs a week when I am eating 1200-1500 calories a day. Mathematically yes, but realistically, no. I really do feel that if I go all out dieting for more than a couple weeks at a time that I might be doing more harm than good. I've never yo-yo'ed or emulated Oprah and hope to never do so. When I am less strict, I feel stronger when I exercise, which is a much better feeling. And I have finally started to see some returns on my running investment; just in the last two weeks I have upped my speed an additional .5-1.0 mph for the entire duration of the run. Not so shabby. Go me!

1 comment:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Congratulations!!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Me...I still have the dreaded 10 pounds to lose....and by the look of things around here (brownies and ice cream) I must not be too worried about it. =)