
9.4 months-- that's how old Janie is today. I took her to the doctor for her well-baby check up and the pediatrician printed up a form that detailed Jane's height and weight percentiles, along with her age. 9.4 months??? How did it go so fast???
I still regularly get told-- "Wow, you're sure feeding her!" and "She sure is big" or more to the point, "Your baby is chubby chubby chubby!". She is a baby, but she is still my little girl and it is not my favorite thing to have everyone and anyone tell me how fat my little angel is. So, of course I was interested to find out where she was on the percentile chart. She (chubbiness and all) has always been in the 50th percentile (except for at birth). And guess what? She still is. 50th percentile for weight (19.1 lbs) and 58th percentile for height (28 inches). Go Janie! Dr. Marsden told me, "Maybe people comment on Jane's size because you're so tiny yourself, she looks large in comparison". (Is it any wonder I love this man?? He is the best pediatrician EVER)
The question is, if Janie is still so very average, where are the 5o fatter babies?? Please let me know so that I can direct the attention to them.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
9.4 and counting
Posted by
Sarah
at
6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I might be able to direct your attention to one of them :0)...
I think Janie is just a surprise because you are so little. 50% is perfect...I think Piper is right around the tenth percentile now and it's not nearly as cute as when she was 50% and full of little rolls.
For what it's worth--I think Jane has the cutest baby legs I have ever seen.
I can't wait to meet her in person, I think she's just lovely!
hey Sarah, I want your instructions for the sling you made... how did you like it?
I think that Andrea is right. I think that chubby babies are so cute! It's only when we get to be older and fail to loose that baby fat that it's not so appealing.
You're also right, where does the time go? She's growing so fast! I can't wait to see her again!
Post a Comment