I feel like I am so cyclical with my blogging--- at times I have so much to say and then . . . . nothing. I haven't even felt like writing this last week at all and I am kind of forcing myself to at least post something, even though it is not witty, informative, or pithy, just to break the stalemate of silence.
Janie is currently on my lap and appears to be attempting to blog herself with the amount of energy she is putting into getting to the keyboard. Which makes typing difficult for me. In terms of Janie, my world has changed this week-- her crawling ability has blossomed into full-fledged mobility, forcing me to keep two eyes on her at all times. I borrowed a baby-gate from Anne, but my stairwell opening is too wide and it doesn't fit. I have yet to find one that does, which doesn't bode well for me. Those circular stairs are death waiting to happen; I have even slipped on them. The girls are teaching Jane to crawl up the stairs (which she can do, but only with a big sister guarding her from behind in case of slippage). It's very cute. But going up stairs is one thing; going down, however, is a virtual danger zone. I have GOT to find a baby gate that fits or I'm going to have to resort to a baby leash in the family room. (I really wouldn't get a baby leash . . . . do they even make those???) Of course, falling down the stairs while wearing the hypothetical leash is mildly reminiscent about my mom's story about tying her little kitten to her bike and leaving her in the bike basket. The kitten jumped . . . and it wasn't such a good ending. This post is getting a bit macabre.
The point is: up until last week, I had the freedom of knowing where my daughter was and feeling fairly certain that she was safe (if not necessarily happy) until I could get to her. No longer. I am a two-eyed, two-handed baby protection device, working all hours of the day. But I'm a mom; it's in my job description.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Bloggers Block
Posted by
Sarah
at
3:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YES! You and I are having the same week...Gil is exactly the same way, but I don't have those awsome stairs so I can shut some door so the stairs are off limits! Hang in there.......
I have a baby harness you can borrow! At least it wouldn't strangle her--I had to use it when I took Sydney to Disneyland oh so long ago!
a baby leash?
Post a Comment