Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Half-Baked

The girls must be growing-- they were out of the preemie size diapers about 1 1/2 weeks ago and little V seems to be busting out of the newborn size already (I think she might be 8 lbs, but I don't know for sure. Considering she was just over 4.5 lbs when she left the NICU, that's pretty fantastic). Roxy still fits OK in the newborn size, but will probably be as big as her sister in a couple weeks. I am just glad that Roxy doesn't look like a stick figure when she's naked. Her spindly little arms and legs that were pretty much just bones covered with skin made me so sad to look at. She now has some flesh you can pinch on her thighs, so she actually looks like a real baby! (R is now coming up on 7 lbs).

We have about 4 of the Costco diaper boxes (size 1-2, see above) stocked up at our house, and the other day, Mark pulled out one and started to open it. I told him that those diapers were still too big. He acted confused and asked "Why? Aren't they size 1/2 ??"

No dear-- that is size one to two, not one-half.

3 comments:

El Scorcho said...

To be fair I deal in fractions of an inch all day........OK that was the best excuse I could come up with.








Thanks for throwing me under the bus.

Rebekah B. said...

Love it!

Diane said...

At least he was opening the box, which means he has been changing their diapers....What a man!