There are some lyrics from The Fantastiks that constantly run through my head these days . . .
Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow.
Holy cow, doesn't that just describe my life?? Last September I was healthy, sleeping well, and easily balancing the needs of a 12 month old with the rest of our family. Now I am pining for days of uninterrupted sleep and anxiously await the time where all (the younger) kids are taken care of and down for the night at 7pm and I have some evening time free for myself. Ahhh . . . it will come. As for now, I SWEAR these babies are more work than ever; it has just got to be that there are two of them that is making it so I rarely have two hands free to accomplish much of anything (typing, cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene, etc.) I am currently typing this one handed while bouncing V on my knee. There just always seems to be a child in distress and I happen to be head watch-commander around here. V & R are pretty good babies too-- I would hate to see what the job would be like with colicky kiddos. So I am not exactly looking for sympathy, but simply wanted to address the 3-ring circus that is my life at the moment.
And here are 5 of most FANTASTIK acts in that circus: (these pics are from my brother's wedding that we just returned from. I'll post about it . . . ummmm . . . when I have my hands free)


Tuesday, July 15, 2008
The Fantastiks
Posted by
Sarah
at
3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad you made it back in one piece. I am not sure I would have survived a 16 hour drive. Your kids look adorable.
What great pictures--looks like you had a great time. You sure do have beautiful girls.
I have been wondering about you - 3 kids under 2 can't be easy I can't imagine Mary as twins! Hang in there think about Christmas in 20 years when you have a house full of kids and some grandkids!
Weddings are so much fun. Your girls look beautiful. I love their hair and yellow dresses. I hope it was a great trip!
Adorable!!! I attest that it will get better. The first four months are a brutal haze of sleep deprivation, feeding, and trying to have a moments peace. And I only had the twins!!!! Good luck! Beautiful girls.
Post a Comment