Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Razzle-Dazzle

Life is pretty darn joyful. But it is sometimes the little side items that add a little razzle-dazzle to my days. These are some of mine:

Burn Notice.This is one fine show. Mark and I just discovered it about a month ago (on USA). Season 2 is almost over, but we've been able to tivo and see most of both seasons. Smart writing. You might as well go watch reruns of bad 80's sitcoms if you don't love this show. It's no Golden Girls.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher NovelsJack is my man. These are some of favorite novels ever. Clever. Action. And one tough dude. These are the few books that I will buy in hardback because I refuse to wait to read them. When we met, Mark and I were both huge Clive Cussler fans; now we both agree that Jack Reacher is the Dirk Pitt of the new millennium.

Hershey Cookies & Mint
You can't find these anywhere. If you see them anywhere, pick me up a gross and I'll happily pay you for them. Mark (clearly my soul mate) has a thing for these chocolates too. We used to buy the bag of Cookies & Mint Nuggets and it would be our movie treat. Yes, we would eat the whole bag; I will not apologize for gluttony when it comes to these little treaters. Hershey seems to have rolled out some nasty mint chocolates that are not just a poor substitute, but pretty much inedible. Don't buy me those; I won't pay you a dime for them and you'll just be teasing me with the luscious memory of my cookies & mint chocolate.

So You Think You Can DanceThis show became one of my summer staples 3 years ago when it debuted. No one seemed to know about it then and I kept my SYTYCD crush on the down low. I even thought my dear husband would tease me for my show choice, but he ended up watching it with me, even while claiming it was a waste of time. He now actually admits to liking the show, so it has clearly grown on him. It has become quite the TV phenom, because everyone seems to watch it now. I am glad for it's increasing popularity because it means it won't disappear soon. Luv it. I think there is too much performer in me, coupled with too little natural talent. So You Think You Can Dance? Oh how I wish I could.

Sephora.If you went on the girls trip a couple weeks ago, you already know my love for the Sephora store. Seriously, it is just a playground for me. I hate department store makeup counters because they make me feel so conspicuous and unpolished. Not sure why; but it probably has something to do with my total aversion to salesmen of any type. Not so with Sephora. It is aisle after aisle of makeup that I can try on, along with all the tools I need (including makeup remover, for do-overs). A powdery, glittery, and shimmer-filled candyland of makeup. I am no glamazon, but I do love to play in the cosmetic sandbox that is Sephora.

Those are some of the bright, extraneous spots in my life. Yours??

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on Burn Notice and SYTYCD. It sounds like Sephora is a place that I'd love to while away some hours.

El Scorcho said...

My bright spot is and will always be...........you.

farmgirl said...

I love you Sarah. You and your blog. And you and your husband. You guys are one of my favorite couples- when we grow up we want to be like you two. Thank you for the introduction to Sephora. I had a fabulous time in that little wonderland. Anytime you need an empty canvas, I'm your gal.
P.S. Loving the lengthy blog- You must of had some serious cooperation from your crew to accomplish this.

jen said...

I got Dallin hooked on SYTYCD this year. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. That Hershey's bar looks yummy. I will pick some up for you if I ever see them at the store.

annebabe said...

fabulous post! thoroughly enjoyed it. thanks for sharing. it really is the little things that make life worth while on a daily basis. i love how un-apologetic you were about eating the whole bag. that is why i can be your friend. :) because i am a "whole bag eater" too.

Tara said...

Any day that I am in over my head and leave the kids with Jamey to go "unwind", you will almost always find my in sephora! I could be in there for hours! :)

andrea said...

I love Sephora. I am addicted to ordering from them. They have the best return policy ever...and so many treasures to choose from. Also loved, loved SYTYCD...sadly, the highlight of my summer.