Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Beauty & the Braces

Madelin couldn't be more pleased. Who knew braces were such a desired accessory? She had team colors put on her teeth (the bands)-- red, silver, and black. What team you say? Why, her swim team, of course. The Dart Sharks. Maddie has found her sport, and is already planning on a long career of swimming. Swim fast and far my little fish.

(Swim Meet on January 31st-- 100 meter breaststroke)

8 comments:

jen said...

She is very cute in braces. I thought it was super cool to have braces when I was in junior high. I was not thrilled to get the second round in high school though. She will be happy that she got them over with now instead of waiting.

I loved picking the different color bands for my braces too. It made the pain a little more bearable.

Hot Mom said...

Syd never got colors. She was so boring. I say "go swimmer go"! I just might have to pass my license plate frame down to you. After this weekend I will be a retired swim mom.

Lynette and Anthony said...

Oh, how I loved my braces! I'm actually a bit jealous. But really all I want is a retainer. (I've had 7)

Maddie looks darling! How fun!

Unknown said...

She looks great! Thanks for the pictures.

Liz said...

She looks beautiful and so much older!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

These pictures are great! Maddie does look older. I hope her mouth isn't hurting too much. I just remember my lips being cut and raw from the brackets....ahhhh, hurts my mouth just thinking about it.

andrea said...

awwww....she looks pretty. And not awkward at all, lucky girl. Your pictures look really good. I knew you'd be a natural. I think there's something mathmatical about photography. And that's where I struggle :0).

staci said...

What a cutie she is. Really, she looks great in braces. (Ok as great as a mouth full of metal can look.) Good for her on the swimming too! I think that's awesome she's on the team and loving every minute of it. Are you holding up over there being a golf widow?