I think, if given the option, I would consider duplicating Janie and then freezing her 2 year old self so we could always defrost her for a day or so and indefinitely enjoy the uniquely hilarious antics of a toddler. I can't tell you how many times Mark has commented to me, "I can't wait to have two more Janies running around". I agree whole-heartedly. We have a old coffee table set up in the corner of the kitchen which is Jane's little project center. She loves to paint and watercolors are always at hand. A couple days ago, my little Picasso discovered a new canvas . . . her sister. I found Rox crawling around, with a perfectly painted black nose and green stripes under her eyes, a la pussy-cat. It looked like we took Roxy to a mediocre face painter at the art festival, which I consider a high complement to my little Jane. Unfortunately, Roxy had a crying fit and water-falled her facepaint into a muddy mess before I could snap a pic of the artistic stylings. And then, to add to the toddler charm, the next day I caught Jane lying on her tummy next to Roxanne, singing quietly . . .
When Madelin was a baby, I made up my own mommy song for her::
I love Madelin
I love Madelin
She's my girl.
(okay, the words are pretty basic, but it is a catchy tune, trust me)
I love Rox Rox
My girl.
And that's . . . the rest of the story.
7 comments:
Love it! I really wish you had snapped a picture quickly enough. I bet it was quite the painted face. Love the song too... now I want to hear the tune. Couldn't you post a video?
I agree, I love these little two year olds. I ask Grant questions all the time just to hear his funny and very loud voice. Janie is just too cute for words -she needs to come over and play again.
Mary also makes that same face thanks to her cousin Ellie! I would freeze everything except the temper tantrums!
i would take a frozen in time 2 year old jane any day. just to play, talk with, etc. how very fun and very cute. and the story about the song . . . melt my heart precious. very, very sweet.
I do know why they call them the "Terrible Twos" but, really, they are also the "Terrific Twos."
I'm loving the products of your new camera - wow - such great pictures of your girls on the blog!
That is such a cute picture of Jane! I agree with you on wanting to freeze them at two. They are just so fun at that age. That is adorable that she was singing that song to Roxy. So sweet.
Post a Comment