I am trying to make myself feel better by reaching out to the general public (well . . . . maybe just friends and family) to see if ANYONE ELSE has kitchen drawers/cabinets that are the archetype exemplar of entropy in action. In other words, disgusting amalgams of crumbs, spills, not-so-nano-particles and (heaven help me) a collection of plastic tab-tops off Go-Gurt wrappers.
How does this even happen? I am on hour three of cleaning out and re-organizing kitchen drawers. For the record-- I LOVE with all my HEART my kitchen drawers. Replacing all the typical lower cabinets with drawers has been one of the greatest blessings in my life, but I now have 23 very special locations to collect the above-mentioned mess. And a mess I do have. And make.
I imagine part of the problem is my disability that hinders me from closing drawers and cabinets. Remember that ghost in Sixth Sense that would open up all of the kitchen drawers and cabinets, driving some mom crazy? That's me, in another life. And if I knock off early, I will come back and haunt any of my friends whose kitchen drawers are more than 50% cleaner than mine. All these drawers of mine seem to reach out with open arms to dirt and crumbs, singing a sweet siren call to all scraps and dabs within falling distance.
But I have struck a blow today against my personal drawer gremlins. Ha Ha! Unfortunately, I dare you to come look at my silverware drawer a week from now; odds are it will once again be crumb-central-station despite my best efforts to maintain a (semi) pristine kitchen. (Ok, maybe a semi- semi-pristine kitchen.)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Drawer Dumps
Posted by
Sarah
at
11:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I noticed over the weekend my silverwear drawer was disgusting and then ten seconds later Mary had dumped a tupperwear mixing bowl full of water for "Stew" her pretend turtle all over the floor. Things must be slow for you my friend!
You are not alone, my dirty drawer soul sister, you are not alone. I consider myself a pretty clean person--but those pesky drawers get me every time. And let's not stop at the kitchen...bathroom drawers make me want to run screaming from the house. I feel your pain!
clean houses are over-rated. that's what i've been telling myself for years anyway. ;)
I can't seem to keep anything but crumbs in my kitchen drawers these days. My two year old unloads them everyday to play "cooking". I am so busy cleaning that up that I don't ever get to the crumbs!
I get crumbs too. And since I don't cook that often...I kind of feel like maybe someone is planting them to throw me off. I found a bandaid (used) in with the spoons the other day. Um, sick.
I never get crumbs because I don't allow then in my house. My children and husband respect that wish and so my drawers stay well organized and clean all the time.
Good luck. (p.s. it helps if you don't look closely)
Post a Comment