One score minus five years ago, our families brought forth on this continent, a new marriage, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Or something like that.
15 years? Just doesn't seem like that long ago. The picture of us laughing was intentional; Mark is definitely a good-time-guy and our marriage has been nothing if not entertaining. Neither of us have ever seen the need to intentionally multiply the already plentiful 'serious' moments that generously sprinkle a normal lifetime. Better to highlight the good, better, and best stuff in life. Mark is good at that; I tag along for the ride.
This is my anniversary/birthday present:
It's a Garmin 405 Forerunner---the holy trinity of heart rate monitor, gps, and training software in a tight little package. Mark has a version that he uses for biking and he spends HOURS analyzing the data collected from his bike rides. Now I guess I have to learn to be an outdoor runner instead of just a treadmill queen. This is a very cool gift; and I'm counting the seconds before I try it out. But I already ran 4 miles today, so tomorrow it is.
What Mark probably didn't know was that the traditional gift associated with a 15 year anniversary is crystal (Waterford vase, anyone??) But the modern gift for that year is a watch. Clever boy, and he didn't even know it.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
1+1+1+ . . . . eventually equals 15
Posted by
Sarah
at
1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Well aren't you guys the picture perfect couple?! I love that picture of you! Happy Anniversary!!
Congratulations! BTW...Matt has the Garmin 305 and LOVES it. I'm sure you'll love yours! Good choice, Mark!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that it's been 15 years! I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!
Congrats you two! You guys are some of our favorite people! I was pretty sure the 15 year gift was a trip...with friends....to....
Happy Anniversary!!
Congrats!
happy anniversary! and give the man some credit, perhaps he knew it was the year of the watch and that's why . . . oh never mind, you're right, he would never pay attention to the whole "this year is this specific type of present" stuff. he would just buy his beautiful bride something fantastic regardless of any social tradition.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Mark looks about 11 (maybe 12)...LOL
Happy Anniversary! 15 years is a good start!
Post a Comment