Madelin headed off to 7th grade; Meg to 5th. The next batch of girlies don't make it to school for years yet, but they wanted to be outside too. I love school, and not for the reason of (semi) emptying my house on weekdays. I love the school supplies, first day of school outfits, lockers and books, the schedules and desks. It's the high ceilings and tile floors and echo-y hallways; the overhead projectors, and chalk dust. It's all the smell and sounds of growth & possibility.
Welcome back.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
School Daze
Posted by
Sarah
at
2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Those are some beauties you got there you are one lucky Mama!
School has changed since I went. Chalk dust has been replaced by the aroma of dry erase markers, overhead projectors replaced by laptops with power point presentations, and here in southern California we don't have echo-y hallways, in fact we don't have hallways at all, it's all outdoors. But I'm with you, the new clothes and oh...the school supplies! I love it!
Wow! Can't believe Maddie is in 7th grade. I remember that year of school well. What beauties you have! I'm with you - love everything about school!
Beauties indeed! That trip to get Meg's hair cut was well worth it, and look at that looker Maddie! Not to mention all the cute littles!
Truly unfair that Maddie is that beautiful in 7th grade. Aren't these supposed to be the "awkward years?" In any case, all 5 are so darling...I always love seeing pictures of them because they seem to change so much now that we are so far away!
What beautiful girls - all of them! Maddie looks so grown up, and I love Meg's hair cut! It was so fun to see you guys last week, thanks for coming up!
WOWZA!! you have a full fledged teenager on your hands. I mean, seriously, wow. She looks so grown-up. And Miss Meg, her haircut is absolutely perfect, I love it. So spunky and fun. :) I am loving back to school!
I can't believe how grown up Maddie looks! Megan's haircut is adorable. And could your little girls be any cuter. Roxy's hair is getting so long. I love it. You have five beautiful girls!!
What beautiful girls--but I have to ask--what school is Veronica going to?
Meg's hair is about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I LOVE it!!!
Post a Comment