Sunday, February 04, 2007

Things I love

1. I love being able to open the windows and air out the house. There is a time during the winter when it is too cold; then there are the months of summer where it is too hot. And then there is the time in between. It is just now warming up enough to open the windows and I love the way it makes my house smell.

2. I love when 'quiet time' works out after church. The last time Madelin or Megan took a nap, they were 5 years old, so "quiet time" has come to replace nap time after church on Sundays. Janie, of course, still falls in the nap category, but since it is hard to force a nap on a 5 month old, it is always nice when everyone's quiet time happens at the same time.

3. I love chocolate covered raisins--the good kind, from Costco. It really is possible to consume 100's of calories in a sitting and not feel full.

4. I love when Madelin and Megan let me do their hair without having a hair fight with me. 75% of the time I try to do their hair, it ends in somebody being upset. There really is not an explanation for the drama; I believe it has just become a habit. So the rare times when I get to blow dry and style the girls' hair, start to finish, without tears, it is a cherished moment.

5. I love my husband :) Today is Mark's birthday; he is 36 years old. I have known him since he was 22. That sounds like forever, but it hasn't felt that way.

3 comments:

stace said...

hey, I love so many of those things too (especially the raisins). We should be friends.

Sarah said...

You love Mark too??

stace said...

I thought about that when i wrote the comment, but i was to lazy to specify. Really I just love the raisins and when JAckson readily lets me comb his hair and the window thing.
So, no worries and see, a lot of typing was needed to specify.