The quiz (as copied from Shawn & Bekah)
Just for fun...let's compare where we all live by answering a brief survey:
1. Price of gas today: $2.29/gallon
2. Temperature today: 51 degrees (in the afternoon)
3. Sacrament meeting topics today (this week): A returned sister missionary spoke on children and family (from October conference) and I missed the remaining talks because I was in the mothers room feeding Janie and a friend came in and I ended up talking to her instead of listening. Oops.
4. Biggest news story of the last month: This isn't pleasant, but the biggest news probably was about the 15 year old girl who was raped and strangled by a 14 year old boy, who then left her body in the Dixie Downs Park. It is a horrific story; nothing like that has really ever happened here before.
5. What your kids are doing/did for 100 days of school: Megan was bummed to find out that once you reach 2nd grade, you no longer celebrate 100's day. She came home all disappointed, complaining about it and Madelin broke the news that 100's day was only for the "little kids". Which reminds me of a story of when Madelin was in kindergarten. For 100's day, Madelin was given an assignment from her teacher to write the numbers from 1 to 100 and to collect 100 items to bring to school. She didn't want to bother to write the numbers and told me, "100's day? That's not even a real holiday. It is just something teachers made up to give us homework!" And I couldn't argue . . . she definitely picked up Mark's aversion to busywork.
6. Restaurants indigenous to your locale: Pizza Factory, Cafe Rio (until they sold out to the Subway franchise people!)
7. Top 3 attractions near you that people would be interested in visiting: Jacob Hamblin Home, Brigham Young's summer home, Zion National Park
8. Closest temple: St. George Temple, 10 miles away.
9. Distance from your house to where you attend church: 1 mile.
10. Number of different denominations you pass on the way to church: nada
11. How long have you lived in the house where you live? 1 month (but 5 1/2 years in the neighborhood)
12. The team everyone roots for in my city is: ummmm, I am not sure. There are alot of BYU and U of U alums that get a little 'fanatic' each year.
13. The number of visitors that could sleep comfortably at your home if they were to visit: The whole extended family; come on down!!
14. Distance between you and the next closest relative: Dan & Sara and Rachel & Paul in Provo, at least until June when Steve & Michelle make their move to Vegas.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Q&A
Posted by
Sarah
at
9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the Madelin and 100 days of school story. I couldn't agree more...it IS busy work. But I guess it adds a little excitement to the middle of winter...but wait, isn't that what Valentine's Day is for?
I think I could copy all of your answers except the 100 day thing. I didn't even know that existed until now.
Post a Comment