(This goes with the post below) Oh- just remembered that I also got kicked out of a school at age 4. I was visiting my Grandma Lola who worked at a grade school and for some reason, we went to classes for the day as visitors. (sounds strange, I know). I wasn't officially in school yet, but I went to a kindergarten class and took some graham crackers and carrot sticks with me to share at snack time. The teacher had the class repeat in unison, "Thank you Sarah" and then told me to reply, "you're welcome". But I wouldn't. She tried again. But I wouldn't. I would not, would not, would not. So they kicked me out.
Guess I was burned by the magic words. Ouch.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Magic Words
Posted by
Sarah
at
2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
your blogs make me laugh and they are so well written.
Hello, I promise I am not some psycho stalker, but I was checking out a blog of a friends to get ideas and then that lead me to another sight..and then to another...and.. you get the picture, when I happened upon Kara and Arlo. Let them know Crismon and Sara want an update on how they are. I am a past roommate of Kara's and would love to catch up. My email address is sjgarff@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!
wow, little sarah the trouble maker! at such a young age . . . tsk tsk. okay, i'm in 100% agreement with you. it was totally the adults fault. who kicks someone out for not saying you're welcome? ridiculous. and your primary teachers, well, lets just say they had something against the morse family and lashed out at you. i love your use of the term "biddies". such great visual images!
Those magic words can be very difficult to say! My kids have a hard time with them sometimes...especially "I'm sorry."
Post a Comment