Thursday, August 16, 2007

Welcome Back.

Didn't I just write about the last day of school???? And here we are again, already? I love school and Madelin and Megan were just dying to get back. I didn't get to see their classrooms yesterday or take pics at their desks because I was helping with PTA stuff. It kind of bugged me, but I'll take care of both tonight at BackToSchool night. It's not like they needed me to hold their hands anymore, which is kind of sad, but I raised my girls to be independent, smart and strong and they certainly hit all three. Honestly, I have the most perfect children--for me. They aren't perfect, but they are everything I ever wanted in my girls. I love you Madelin & Megan!!! xxxooo They both are elementary school vets at this point. Madelin, being a 5th grader, 'rules the school' (so she says) and Meg is thrilled to have a guy-teacher for the first time and to be in a portable. Portables are pretty low on my list of exciting items, but she said the air conditioning works fantastic in there, so I might revise my opinion if I had to teach there. Go Santa Clara Tigers! (??) Wildcats?? Warriors?? What in the world is that school's mascot????

5 comments:

stace said...

Portables are cool. Boy, have times changed. Obviously I am not cool anymore either.

annebabe said...

santa clara COUGARS! even i know that and i don't have kids in elementary school! my secret theory is that they picked that mascot because so many parents had gone to BYU and already had cougar-y (sp?) apparel for their kids. i'm probably out in left field but it makes sense in my brain. :)

Michelle & Steve said...

This seems so early for school to be starting up already... The girls look darling though.

I took Sally and Adri to my friend Sarah's house yesterday while I went to the doctor. All the way there, Sally was telling Adri that this was the house where Baby Jane lived. She had a hard time understanding that there is still ANOTHER Sarah and was a little disapointed when she found out that Baby Jane wasn't there.

andrea said...

The girls look super cute. Love Megan's top. Can you believe that one of your kids is almost done with elementary school? CraZy.

I loved having a portable classroom too, LOL. I remember being really jealous one year because my brother's class was in one and mine wasn't.

saramarilee said...

Hooray for school! I meant to leave a comment after your "for rent" entry (as usual I was holding a baby while reading it so I couldn't type!)--I love the idea of using this blog as a personal history and plan to take some pictures of our old apartments when we visit "up north" this weekend.