I'm still not sure if I spelled "Tuacahn" correctly; I get it wrong every time, even though I get more and more creative with the spellings. Native American words get me every time, though they shouldn't. I grew up in a location abundant with places called "Snoqualmie", "Puyallup" and "Issaquah" and saw the Chief Joseph movie so many times that I don't hesitate to throw into conversation a "I will fight no more FOREVER" whenever the mood strikes. Yet I still struggle with Tuahcan or Tuachan or whatever it is.
So back to our annual Tuacahn visit. This year, the establishment decided to start charging (???) for the nativity that they have been doing for years and years for free. Bummer for us, but probably good for their bottom line. This is the place where I take Santa pictures and it was a mile-marker event for the Weston household. This is the first year that I have a child young enough to scream at the very sight of Santa . . . and one so old that Santa has her sit on a step in front of him instead of on his lap. I noticed he only used it for the pre-teens, so I figure it was a precaution against possible santa-harassment charges???? Fine with me. It would have made me feel a little odd watching Madelin cuddle up next to a strange old man. Here are some pictures from our little adventure:
The one is who is a little too old . . .
The one who is a little too young . . .
The one who is still just the right age . . .
Grandpa Bob along with (almost) all the granddaughters. Just missing little Jackie who is currently residing in Snohomish, WA (a Native American name, wouldn't you know it).
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Christmas at Tuacahn
Posted by
Sarah
at
12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your dad is hilarious! he makes me laugh just to see him, he's got an infectious grin. ;)
that santa is an imposter. the santa I know doesn't wear shoes.
Every mom needs a picture of their little child crying on Santa's lap. I know we got one of Ashton this year. Why is Santa so scary?? Must be all the facial hair.
Post a Comment