Thursday, February 07, 2008

22 Weeks

Here are the kiddos at 22 1/2 weeks. I had my monthly peri appointment, along with the photo session. Good thing I'm not having any more children, because all these ultrasounds (6 of them so far) would spoil me for anything less. The reason they do ultrasounds at this point is to measure growth; since there are two of them, they cannot estimate growth by measuring me. Which is probably a good thing, because according to me and my estimate of baby size, I think they should be about 5 pounds a piece by now. But alas, it is not so. They are each 1 lb at this point (with baby A probably a couple ounces heftier than baby B). That's right on target for their age, so all is well so far.

Except that I am feeling like I am in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, and my weight gain and tummy expansion support that fact. Too bad that I have WAY more than 6 weeks left, even to make it to 34-35 weeks. Uggghh. I have a strong feeling that this twin-thing just makes it so I miss out on the fairly easy ride that typically is middle-pregnancy and skip directly to 3rd trimester discomfort. Oh well. All that super-size growth has got to be good for the tots, so I should be grateful.

This was supposed to be a really cute picture of Little A sucking her thumb, but u/s tech seemed to keep catching the photo at an odd moment. So you can see the thumb, but the baby's head seems to meld into a blob. But it was pretty cute on the screen.
Nice profile of B. You can actually see her open eyes in this pic. The tech tried to get me to take a picture of B yawning-- and although it may be kinda cute to watch in real life, on still-shot, it made her look like a scary dinosaur. No thanks. I told the tech to stick with the basic profile.

Oh- and my un-space-conscious twins have seem to positioned themselves as follows: Baby A is head down, feet up, smack in the middle of me. Baby B has placed herself transverse to her sis, head on my right, feet on my left. Kinda like crossing a "T". Pretty ridiculous positioning from my position, no wonder I'm so huge. These kids need to take a look at an Ikea catalog and learn how to cram into as small a space as possible, for my benefit. Limber up girls. Pretty please??

3 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

any names yet?

jen said...

You have had six ultrasounds already?? That is probably nice to see them healthy and growing (besides the fact that you have to pay a pretty penny for each ultrasound!!) Those pics are really clear!! They are getting better and better with those ultrasounds.

And for the record, you are not looking huge! Or even very big for that matter.

saramarilee said...

Both A and B are adorable (as cute as they can be!) Have you chosen a favorite yet? My mom isn't at all bitter about being the unfavored twin, just because she's 57 and still has issues!

By the way, you look great!