I was looking for a baby picture this morning for a RS Enrichment activity and found the following document stuck in my baby book. (For the record, it is a difficult job to find a baby picture from the Polaroid days- though I am sure my mother has more. Contrast that to today's kids who need entire tetrabytes of computer memory to hold all their memories)
It is a handout from the hospital to new moms, laying out all the rules. Kind of a crack up. You may have to click on the picture itself to be able to read a larger version. My favorite is the "No smoking when baby is in the room", only followed closely by the clearly nazi-like nurse control over the babies (can't you picture the nurse demanding that the new mother have her "breast binder" in the down and ready position before she is allowed to hold her own child?) CRAZY.
I also attached a copy of my parents' hospital bill for my birth. $553.00 buck-a-roos. (before submitting to insurance!). Oh, the good ol' days. Anyone want to figure out the rate of inflated hospital costs for me from 1973 to 2008, using my guesstimate of a $10,000 hospital bill for me and the babies?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
It's a Generation Thing
Posted by
Sarah
at
10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, you should know that I (Mom) think that you are worth every penny of the hospital bill. (And I mean that as a good thing.)$500 was a lot of money to us in those days. Compare that to your brothers who were born in Kaiser and cost $10. They were really bargain babies. Also, I did upwrap you -- throwing caution to the wind -- so that I could count toes and fingers and ooh and aah over my beautiful baby girl.
Post a Comment