Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Color Pink

Here's the color pink of my girls' rooms (for you, Carol!)

1304 Cockleshell from Sherwin-Williams.
(it's a beautiful pale pink; no Barbie or bubblegum here)

If you want to know what color it is, go to Target and find their new DwellStudio baby line of bedding. The labeling (or paper insert with the item's picture) in the "Olivia" bedding has the matching color of pink for its background. It is not the main pink in the bedding itself, but the one on the cardboard insert. They don't show it online; you'll have to see it in person. If you like it, (and don't have a Sherwin-William), don't make the mistake of trying to auto-color-match at Home Depot or such. The paint guys at Sherwin-Williams told me that the insert wasn't a true color (just a bunch of dots, like an ink-jet) and wouldn't match properly. He had to find a match by hand for me, but he did a fantastic job!

The rooms are being painted tomorrow. Pink-a-licious!

3 comments:

stace said...

can't wait to see your pink. mine gave me a lot of sleepless nights until I got the right one.

jen said...

I want to come see the pink when it is all done. I love Sherwin-Williams. They are always so helpful and nice there.

The Knight Family said...

I went right out to Sherwin-Williams and got a sample quart of the the paint - LOVE IT and so does Madalynn! I also showed it to a friend and she is going to use it in her little girl's room as well - you decorating DIVA! Thanks so much for sharing - it is the perfect color of Pink! I would love to see your room's when you are done.