We are done with bottles--- at least for a few weeks and with regards to Jane. I remember stressing just a couple months ago because Jane was still on 3 bottles a day (1 for each nap plus bedtime) and felt like a complete mom-loser because it was the only way she would take milk and it made it so easy to put her to bed. About 3 1/2 weeks ago, I switched all her bottles to water only; I was very surprised that it made no difference to Janie. And then just yesterday, I decided to just give her a sippy cup of water instead. Again, no protest from the kiddo and she still took two naps and went to bed at 7pm. Guess the bottle hang-up was mine . . . not Janie's. Or maybe I will credit my superb mom-intuition that just led me to the perfect time to drop the bottles. That's probably it. So now I'm not going to stress if these upcoming girlies stay on bottles until 18 months. NO BIG DEAL is my mantra.
BTW- I hate washing bottles, even though it is the dishwasher that does most of the dirty work. Nasty smelly formula and milk. Yuck. I am grateful for the few weeks respite until I have to jump right back into all of it again. I'm actually going to give nursing a shot with this twins, only because of my selfish selfish reasons of: 1. not wanting to go through the EXTREME pain of drying up my milk again (it was horrible. HORRIBLE). 2. I wanna lose some of this twin-fat 3. I hated making bottles in the middle of the night because it made me wake up so fully that it was hard to get back to sleep. I don't know how my plans are going to work out, but I'm flexible and am not counting formula feeding out at this point. Just have to see how it goes.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Bottle-Free
Posted by
Sarah
at
10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sure it is all your amazing mom intuition.
Congrats with the bottle triumph! I was that way with Railand and his diapers, there was NO way that I wanted two kids in diapers. Needless to say, he is almost 3 1/2 now and he is still in diapers, go figure. So much for that idea! Good luck with breastfeeding! It always seems so much easier to breastfeed (although I never made it more than a few months with either). I can't wait to see the lil' ones- I'm SO glad that I can enjoy them by picture and not actually waking up with them (the reality is still TOO fresh, sorry)! :) :) :)
I had the same bottle hang up. We switched a couple of months ago but we could have done it much earlier. I was sure Ashton wouldn't sleep good unless he had his bottle before bed. He likes his sippy just the same.
Post a Comment