Saturday, January 03, 2009

Blame it on the Kart.

I think I pretty much got out of the habit of blogging-- has it really been over a month & 1/2 since I posted? The culprit? MarioKart. I bought Mariokart Wii for the family right after that last post and it has become a catalyst for family togetherness since it's first play. We had to go out and buy two more nunchucks so that we could all play at the same time and every FHE since has ended in a 4-way tourney, battleing it out in Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road. I am able to beat Mark approximately one out of every 3 races . . . so I call myself a good solid 2nd place racer. Meg is pretty good and (to be honest), Madelin is just plain awful. More often than not, Maddie is disqualified at the end of the race because she is just too far behind. Poor girl. Her talents seem to lie more in swimming than in gaming (probably a good thing). And I'm still waiting on family members to get in on an online Weston tournament. Pick the day and time folks-- we're IN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at least we all know that you've been doing something constructive with your time.

farmgirl said...

No one is happier than me to have you back in the blogging world...I love your posts-just don't let this be the only one for the next 6 weeks! I saw the Leach's performance on Jen's blog. Spectacular. Sorry we missed out. :(

Rachel said...

I guess we saw from last night that I'm more like Madelin. :) We can't all be as good as you and Mark - otherwise it would be any fun!