Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Years Copy Cat

I'm a little lame to be posting a carbon copy of Robyn's post, but she was the photog of the night and captured everyone so perfectly. Here are some pics from the party. The theme was Dance Dance Revolution and everyone had to come with their music, iconic dance move and props, ready to perform. We put names in a hat and each group drew a name for their impromptu back-up dancers. There is a bit of satisfaction having two people standing behind you, looking just as foolish as you.

I truly have the best friends ever. I crack up just looking at the pictures. You are all FANTASTIC. Happy New Year to all.

New Years Eve Weston Style......

(this is the legendary and always entertaining Bob & Robyn. Love 'em)

Every year the Weston's have a New Years Eve party, and you have to be pretty special to be invited to this party.....you have to be able to embarrass yourself real good:) The party theme was iconic dances....yep that left the door wide open.
So here are the Sullivan's doing the little Napoleon Dynamite dance!


Oh yeah, you had a name drawn to see who your back up dancers would be....the Jackman's won this round. Travis made a fantastic Kip.

The Gerhet's did a little cheer number to Hey Mickey!

Turns out Bobi is a GREAT cheerleader.


The Weston's were so gangster as Kriss-Kross.

I just had to document all of the sweet jumps I got on film.

Mark is amazing don't you think?

Mark's 'little brother' Sarah was great too.

The Brough's with a little Hokie Pokie...

The Jackman's with Saturday Night Fever.

Anne told us that Travis made them practice quite a lot. He takes these things very seriously.

I am so glad he does.

The Leach's had a great number that involved some serious choreography....

Impressive!
The Layton's did a dance piece from "So You Think You Can Dance" It was the Twitch & Karrington Mattress Dance. (Google it if you haven't seen it. The Layton's NAILED it!) I have to say that I am always impressed with Steve's commitment.

Action shot of Sara!

The Bunting's were the infamous Millie Vanilli.....

I especially liked the paper they layed out in front of them to help them remember their moves.

Here we have the Edwards(who we are related to.) Yes, that is Sam in a Speedo.

We did a little synchronized swimming with them to Titanic's "My Heart Will Go On" It was beautiful...let me tell you.

We ended the night with a little River Dance.....

And I think I will end this post with this picture of the One and Only.......Lord of the Dance!
(thank you Mom for the shirt you whipped up for Bob)
Thanks Weston's we love your parties....hope we are here for next years!

(And the Weston's say, "You had BETTER be!")

5 comments:

farmgirl said...

I really am sad we missed the party. Not so sad we missed the chance to make total fools of our selves(since that was our ticket in the door we were willing), but the chance to be part of the fun...we will be there next year.
And the thoughts of the Lamoreaux's not being there?? Well, let's just say that I'm gonna go to my happy place inside my head right about now.

Diane said...

Mark has missed his calling. He should have been a rapper. Sarah too. What fun it looks like you all had! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

These are great pictures! I'm pretty much laughing right now and I don't even know most of these people. I was glad to see that the Twitch and Kerrington couple were more tastefully dressed than the originals.

El Scorcho said...

Nothing like a little humiliation to bring folks together.

jen said...

Great party as always! You guys come up with the best ideas.