Sunday, May 10, 2009

1 year

Happy Birthday to my girlies. 1 year old on May 6th. (ummm . . we celebrated a few days late. I figure babies can fit to my schedule occasionally) This year has gone quick and slow, all at the same time. I don't think I have ever worked so hard in all my life, and yet the payoff is pretty sweet. These two are the happiest ending to (one story) in my life. 5 beautiful girls. And I am grateful.

VERONICA SARAH
I would have layed down odds that Roxy would be walking before Veronica managed a full crawl, but it hasn't turned out that way. Veronica was still tummy crawling at 10 1/2 - 11 months, but started taking her first steps last week. She steals bows off her sister's head and has a laugh that bursts out of nowhere. All toothy smiles during the day and a bit of a monster at night. Ronnie is about the sweetest baby I have had.

ROXANNE ADELIA
Roxy has been crawling and cruising since 8 months old; she's capable of standing unassisted, but shows no interest in copy-catting her sister's walking. She is the same height as V, but 3 1/2 pounds lighter. Wiry, squirrely, she is always underfoot because she seems to move at the speed of a cheetah around the home. I lose her--- she explores the whole house and I regularly go on "Roxy-hunts" to find the fearless traveler. Climbing is her specialty. And when Rox cries, her eyes seem to hold pools and pools of tears before they finally spill over. She's a singer; I find her in her crib, both legs through the bars, kicking away and singing to herself. Silly, gummy (nearly) toothless smiles, and about 16 pounds of energy, this sweety will still lay her head on my shoulder and cuddle-- for about 2.5 seconds. I adore her.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Your girls are beautiful. Happy birthday!

Michelle & Steve said...

I've been waiting for this post...I just wish I could see in person what they are like at a year. So cute. Happy Birthday girls!

annebabe said...

happy birthday to 2 beautiful baby girls. i can proudly say, i have known them their whole life. ;)

jen said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe they are one already! Happy birthday girlies!