Friday, May 08, 2009

Identity Crisis

While emailing a blueberry crumb bar recipe, I had a 80's flashback to my Strawberry Shortcake days. Because I WAS Blueberry Muffin. In the unique possessive trait of young girls, my sisters and I assigned ourselves identities in accordance to our dolls and nary a switch-er-roo was tolerated.

Emily was Strawberry. Of course. (those oldest sisters are sure bossy)

Me? Blueberry Muffin, with her faithful tag-a-long, Cheesecake Mousse

Little sis Rachel was the itty-bitty Lemon Meringue.
Seriously? I can still smell those dolls. And if I had an extra 300 bucks burning a whole in my pocket, I might send a little nostalgic shortcake love to my siblings.


We also assigned ourselves the Mandrell Sisters. (who didn't??)


Emily = Barbara
Sarah =Louise
Rachel = Irlene
At the time, I was never quite satisfied with getting stuck with Louise. The blonds seemed so much more glamorous, but my sisters wouldn't budge, because Louise was the middle sister, just like me. Looking back, she might have been the prettiest. Yep. Me & Louise are peas in a pod.

1 comment:

farmgirl said...

Loved the stroll down memory lane. Louise is definitely a hottie! Who didn't idolize the Mandrell Sisters? And don't even get me started on the Strawberry Shortcake stuff...we had a movie, Marie Osmand was Strawberry's voice-talk about all my favorites over load!! And yes I can almost smell those dolls just thinking about it. :)