Thursday, June 14, 2007

Screen Time

I haven't been blogging much; just a phase. Truly, though, I don't like my girls to see me sitting in front of the computer screen for hours on end and I have been burning up my screen time working on a few photo projects. I've been fine-tuning a bunch of house pics that Mark is using for a Rincon brochure that is in the works and have also been tackling the long delayed 2004 and 2006 family photobooks that I have been meaning to do. I did the 2005 (back in 2005) and did the 2003 last year, but needed to fill in the missing year and neglected to do so. The problem is, I don't just want to use all my photos 'as-is'; I am compelled to send them each through a photo-shop workshop before using them. Well-- that may be a bit of an exaggeration-- my photoshop skills are still limited compared to some friends I know, but I feel the need to try to mess with the levels of each pic and I like to put on a soft light filter on some pictures because it makes the colors more intense. I'm not sure anyone looking at my pictures would think they're anything special, even after my edits, but it is good example of the analogy that since I have the hammer, everything starts to look like a nail?? I just can't leave it alone. So I have given the OK to most of my 2004 pics and have just about completed the photobook. The tome is 97 pages, if you can believe it. I went to start the 2006 book and realized that I had not even organized or done any basic edits (red eye anyone??) to most of the photos. I had 6 weeks of bedrest last summer and I didn't manage to boot-up photoshop once?? What in the world did I do lying in bed all day . . . I honestly cannot remember. The point behind all of this, is that I want my girls to think their mom does something other than sit at her laptop, thus the blog lapse. On the upside, my family photobooks ROCK and they get picked up regularly by each member of our family, something my earlier efforts in scrapbooking and photo-album'ing did not.

1 comment:

stace said...

I don't even take pictures sometimes because I know it will require PS time because I can't just leave them as is. It sort of stinks.