Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Amazonia

Just purchased the following from Amazon:I checked out another similar title (Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker--recipes for entertaining) and was tempted enough by some recipes to almost tear out pages from said library book. Rewriting recipes is sooooo tedious; but I restrained from defacing the book and instead, ordered the version above. The one I got from the library was geared towards entertaining and a good share of the recipes were a little more than I wanted to use a slow cooker for, yet I could tell that I would probably really enjoy the non-entertaining version.

This is my concession to my need to research everything--not that I believe that any amount of reading can prepare me for the reality of 3 babies, all under 19 months, but I find it fun to think that it might help. At least help pass the time. I am reading another twin-book at the moment that finally spoke truth to me: this particular author had a 2 year old and newborn twins and completely debunked the ridiculous advice that gets tossed around, "Sleep when your baby sleeps". As if you could tell your toddler, "Hey kiddo, your baby sisters are napping, so mom's going to just nod off for a little bit. Try not to get into too much trouble . . ." I think that advice to counter sleep deprivation only works when there is just one baby and no one else. As for the rest of us, just file that inaccurate tidbit of advice in the garbage can and try to make do.

And then I bought a little something else extra for Mark's birthday (next Monday, for all those who want to be in the know). My parents gave me an Amazon gift certificate for Christmas, so it is fun to do a little online shopping with "free money" for once. And yes, I know it is a little weird to use some of my own present $$$ to buy a present for my dear husband, but it was an odd little item that I could only find online and I don't mind so much sharing the wealth with someone I love.

2 comments:

jen said...

Let me know how you like that slow cooker recipe book. I could use some new crock-pot recipes.

Barb & Sean said...

Me too--I've seen that one but didn't know how useful it would be. Almost as bad as copying recipes down is a cookbook you never use taking up space.