Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hot Stuff

Am I having avoidance issues? I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it has kept me from blogging much. Maybe it is because when I have a little downtime, I head towards the bed or couch for a little R&R with a book instead of sitting on a kitchen stool, staring at my laptop. I bet if I moved my laptop to my bedroom (a la reminiscent of Aug-Sept 2007 bedrest), I would be writing inane and completely useless posts 3 or 4 times a day. That day probably isn't long away. I'm currently 20 weeks and I am only counting 15 more. Obviously I could make it past 35 weeks, but that's as far as I'm going to count in my head. That puts me the first week of May. Ooohh-- so far away from my perspective.

I am still trying to hit the gym 3 days a week, just for the sake of trying to get a little less fat than this pregnancy seems to want to adorn me with. I have put on weight consistently from week 4--which is supposedly ideal for a twin preggo, but it is still a little hard to take when you're 5 feet tall and all it takes is 5 lbs to push you into the next jean size. There's only so much room for the additional poundage to distribute itself. Face, arms, thighs . . . yep, they are all taking their fair share. The gym routine has pretty much dissolved into a octogenarian's routine of 30 minutes of barely moving on the treadmill and 15 minutes of weights, attempting to hold onto a semblance of muscle tone (even though it may not be visible until months from now. . .) Then I go home exhausted and attempt nothing else for the day. Think I exaggerate? There is a reason I make only 3 feeble attempts at the gym, because I need energy the other days to do the basics like clean house and run errands.

But, I am really not complaining. I save that for Mark, sweet guy that he is. I haven't run into many issues other than ever present energy-sap, and I have a schedule that accommodates the need for non-speed, so that makes me pretty lucky in the scheme of things.

Speaking of the gym-- This Friday, I counted 4 women there in full makeup. Full eyeshadow, lip liner, even face contouring. For REVLON'S SAKE WOMEN, tone it down for the gym!!! These women are all my age, so I guess they could be trolling for 2nd husbands, but the truth is the average male visiting my particular gym at 9 am on a weekday has a mean age of 65. Of course, maybe the mature man is a real catch; I just don't have an eye for those things. Maybe I should start taking my compact to the gym, just to touch up the shinies on my nose after a good, sloowwwwww giant-preggo workout. It's my Maybelline Goal of the Month. (February, I'm thinking it's bronzer-time. Hot Stuff.)

4 comments:

jen said...

You should go to the gym around noon one of these days. There is a lady that always makes me laugh. She is always decked out with make-up, long curly hair (maybe it is a wig), a sweater, capri pants with jewels on the bottom, some big sheek sunglasses and dressy sandals. The dressy sandals are what really gets me. Who works out in sandals!! She must be scouting out a husband because she is definitely in the 60+ range that workout when I go.

stace said...

oh Sarah...need I say it again, you don't look fat. But even if you did, you are having twins, you are going to get BIG so enjoy it (I mean by eating lots of good stuff that I am currently not eating). You will have plenty of time to take it off after.

annebabe said...

i am seriously amazed you still go to the gym at all. bravo for you. and i love the visual that your phrase, "sloowwwwww giant-preggo workout" conjured in my head. funny stuff. and i am eagerly awaiting the 3-4 post a day phase from you, inane or not, i enjoy a sarah post all the time. :)

Michelle & Steve said...

I always admire how dedicated you are to go to the gym...I wish that was something that was an easy habit to develop. And make-up at the gym sort of grosses me out - after they work out and are sweaty I really think it doesn't look very good anyway.