So Janie and I were reading books yesterday (she, like my other girls at this age, is going ga-ga for books). This one is called "Blue Hat, Green Hat". I started out reading . . .
She was actually following the pictures, (and thus the story), which is a big step up from our previous book experiences with Janie. So I continued . . .
I probably added a comment at this point-- 'Look at the silly turkey; he's wearing his shirt on his legs!" Jane is still totally into the story. Onto the next page.
I read the words and then again, probably pointed out the silly turkey. And turned the page.
I read the words "Blue Coat" and then slightly shifted the book so that she could see the next page. Before I could even read the words "Oops.", Jane busts out in the loudest case of giggles I have heard from her yet. She laughed and laughed and pointed to the turkey. Somehow, she picked up on the joke, all on her own, and was just giggling away in her little one-year-old head. There are a couple more pages to the book and she continued to laugh at all the funny parts. We read the book at least 3 more times and it was hilarious to watch her. At one point, I turned her towards me, so that I could see her as I read the book, just to watch her face.
My baby has a sense of humor; and it cracks me up. This is going to be a fun year.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Humor Me
Posted by
Sarah
at
5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is really cute!! I LOVE Sandra Boynton books. I should get my old ones out and read them to Ashton. Babies are so much fun at this age!!
janie baby is one smart cookie! and i'm with jen, i LOVE sandra boynton books. have you tried doggies, a counting and barking book? mason still totes it around and makes all the different doggie sounds
she is really cute...and really bright! You are going to have a fun year.
Post a Comment