I was driving along Pioneer Parkway, approaching Rachel Drive--definitely driving the speed limit and of course, then slowing down as I approached Rachel because that's where I turn. A cop (the guy in the Charger, not the truck) is driving on Rachel, approaching the Parkway. I signal and start to turn onto Rachel Dr. and the cop rolls through the stop sign, into the intersection, right towards me. He sees me, slams on his brakes, and comes to a stop within 1 1/2 feet of my car. IDIOT! I look straight at him and he gives me a little smile and lets me drive around him. Seems that I should be able to give him a traffic citation. I kind of wish he had hit me, because how embarrassing would that of been for him to have to own up to running a stop sign and t-boning a law-abiding, neighborhood mom???
2 comments:
Well, I am glad he did not hit you. Dumb guy. Maybe someday you could use it as leverage?
I think the same cops might patrol the same areas, because Sean had the same policeman pull him over twice in a week--once for running a red light, and once to question us whether the kids were buckled up, because their feet were hanging out the car windows. We didn't realize it was the same guy, and neither did he, until he checked Sean's driver's license the second time. We all laughed, AND the best part is, Sean didn't get a ticket either time! (The kids were buckled, thank goodness.)
So, you'll have to keep your eye out for that guy again. Definite leverage!
Post a Comment