Our ward was split this week. It was a long time in coming, and the division was pretty much what everyone expected. I'm not so bummed about losing friends (between school, bookclub, etc, I figure I'll see them almost as much anyway) as I am about having such a small ward. I went and counted the active families within our boundaries and it was 49. FOURTY-NINE. And a number of those are older couples with no children at home. More of the primary age kids are on the other side, so the primary will be more than cut in half. So there will be (on a good day) 100 adults at church and I can't even figure the kids. Maybe 50? Less? It sounds so small. I think this ward was pretty small when it split before in 2001, but there was so much development and growth in the last 6 years. There is maybe 4 lots left to build on in these boundaries. And truthfully, probably only 1 in 3 move-in's are members anyway, so it is possible are ward could even shrink further. Guess I'll just have to get use to a small ward. I'm sure there are benefits that I have yet to identify, but for now, I just wish we could have kept it bigger.
2 comments:
49??? ouch. hello relief society president weston. :)
You would be a good RS President, Sarah!! :). It is really that small?? That is sad. I think the week after stake conference will be a shock. Maybe, I might be able to get a soft seat if I come 5 minutes early, though!!
Post a Comment