I've known about the possibility of my job at WGU being phased out for a couple months now, but now that they've told me that next month (most likely) is my last, I am absolutely bummed. This was the BEST JOB EVER! I cannot stress that enough. I guess it was too good to last; I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years, so that's a pretty good run. I still have feelers out to see if I can get creative and make up my own position with the math department, but I don't have a lot of hopes of that happening. I know I could get a job as a Progress Manager, but there is no way I could or would want to commit to fulltime work right now, even if it is from home. I don't even think I would accept a 20 hr week committment; that is still more than I want to give. I may just have to resign myself to losing my discretionary income. Maybe it is time for me to be unemployed; it is just weird because I have had some type of a job since I moved here on December 30th, 2000. That's 6 solid years of me bringin' home the bacon (limited though it my be in quantity). I guess now that I have this university position on my resume that it might be easier now to pick up a distance learning position at another school. I'll need my internet up to do some searching if I want to pursue that. I guess I am due for a change; my typical pattern is that each job is better than the last, so there could be something absolutely fantastic out there, ready to challenge me and help me keep my teacher cred (like street cred, but much more geeky).
2 comments:
you could always sell stuff on ebay. :)
you could always sell amway.
Post a Comment