I've lost a bit of my blogger groove over the last week, which is kind of a bummer since I know if I do not write about something right after it happens (i.e. Christmas), I probably won't get to it. We've been out of town; we spent Christmas up in Bountiful with Mark's family. We had a fantastic time, but now that I'm home, I'm up to my eyeballs in upcoming events. The movers are coming on Friday and I have our annual New Year's party on Saturday. I usually put a lot of thought into the party and I am afraid that it has hardly crossed my mind yet because of the move. Moving is all-encompassing. I've got the internet set to be installed on Friday, along with the phone lines and satellite dish. I tried to spend today packing, but Jane was not cooperating much. She seems to be suffering from attentive-relative-withdrawal and had a couple long crying jags (not normal for her). In the middle of my big Christmas deco take-down and packing mess, I got a call from someone wanting to see the house. I really felt like saying "NO", but I just can't do that. So I had a whole fourty minutes to clean the whole house; I was still wiping down an upstairs sink when they landed on my doorstep. I had to hide the windex and rag in the bathroom cabinet. The house was actually presentable, which is a festivus miracle considering the state it was in when I took the phone call. Those people better buy my house after putting me through that whirlwind cleaning. Poor Jane-- she was crying the whole time I was cleaning and continued to cry while the people were in our home. The man said, "Wow--she is sure upset. I have a 6 month old granddaughter and she is just perfect and happy all the time". I looked at him and just said, "Thanks". His wife/girlfriend gave him an elbow nudge and he said, "ummm . . . sorry!". The movers come Friday morning, so I still have alot of work to do (please please please cooperate Janie!!!!)I'm guessing I might get to party planning on Saturday. Ugghh. I hate not being prepared.
1 comment:
I'm serious, let me know what I can do to help. Can I take Janie for a while on Friday while the movers are there. We are pretty set up for babies so she would be at home. Let me know what time you would want me to take her and I will!
Post a Comment