Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fergilicious

I stopped watching daytime TV years ago, but have just recently started turning on the tube when I'm feeding Jane. It is no surprise to find out that I have been missing very little . . . for example: The View (with Rosie and her extremely liberal agenda), never-ending infomercials, and various talking-head programs on VH-1, E! and MTv. Due to the quality of TV, I spend most of Jane's feeding channel hopping, trying to entertain myself without "making myself dumber" (as Mark likes to call it). Unfortunately, I do not always succeed. I have become more than marginally dumber after watching a video yesterday on the VH-1's top 20 countdown. Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy from Kid's Incorporated, remember her?) was putting on quite a performance with her aptly named song, "Fergilicious". I honestly tivo'ed part of it so that I could show Mark what an overdone, tasteless piece self-aggrandization that now qualifies as a top 20 hit. It includes such lyrics as:

I'm Fergalicious (so delicious)
My body stay vicious
I be up in the gym just working on my fitness
He's my witness (oooh wee)
I put yo' boy on rock rock
And he be lining down the block just to watch what I got

Now that's good writing . . .
Of course, Mark pointed out that the lyrics were near genius compared to her smash summer hit "My Hump". Right on. The whole Fergie thing just bugs me. I don't have to see her on TV; I don't have to listen to her music or buy her albums, but I still just want her to GO AWAY!

No comments: