I've had a bad habit for most of my life; though I was not aware of it until I got married. Just a few days into marriage, Mark discovered that I rarely screwed the lids back on jars, bottles, meds, etc. I certainly made an attempt at it, and it usually was a pretty convincing attempt because I always thought I did the job. But no, I really didn't . . . This discovery came the hard way--with Mark picking up the booby-trapped item and the contents spilling all over the floor. And it has been pretty much just rinse and repeat for the last twelve years. I really do try to fully secure all high risk items, but just yesterday I did a little detective work and found that the culprit behind the smelly refrigerator was the jar of crushed garlic, knocked on its side, leaking pungent garlic juice puddles through its (not completely screwed shut) lid. There is no one else to blame, so I guess I am still the guilty party. Garlic aside, having someone reap the fruits of my labor is sometimes pretty amusing, at least when it is not me. Watching Mark spill a Costco size bottle of Advil all over the floor is both noisy and entertaining (and this event has occurred at least 4 times during our marriage) I usually know when my unintentional lid traps have sprung when I hear a Fred Flintstone size "SARAH" coming from the kitchen. hee hee . . .
But last night, I was the victim of my own incompetence. It was 3 am; I was just a bit foggy, sitting in the glider, feeding Jane. The front of my shirt suddenly felt cold and wet. I shuffled Jane to the side, expecting to clean up the result of a wet burp, and I discovered that the front of my robe was absolutely soaked. I was confused, until I felt a small stream of liquid dripping from the bottle temporarily propped under my armpit. Guess who didn't screw the bottle together completely??? I had thought that little Janie had been efficiently draining her bottle, but instead I had been efficiently leaking it all over myself. It looked like I soaked up nearly 3 oz of formula before I figured it out. Hopefully I will eventually work out my lid issue---and then I will move on to breaking my other bad habit---forgetting to close cabinet doors.
Friday, December 15, 2006
The Milky Way
Posted by
Sarah
at
8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah also licks her fingers when she eats. Not just one finger, but ALL of them! She has always enjoyed her food.
XOXO, Dad
haha. i do that too and it infuriates Douglas. Why do people pick things up by the lid anyway?? p.s. blogger won't let me log on.
Post a Comment