
In case you didn't set your tivo's, America's Next Top Model is back on the tube. And I love it. When Jane was about 5 weeks old, there was a Top Model marathon ( 7 seasons, if you can believe it) and I started watching an episode. And then the next. And then the next. Luckily, Mark was busy that week and didn't see me lounging on the couch all day. It got to a point where I just had to tivo all the rest of the episodes, because engrossing as they are, I can only handle a few hours on my rear without a break. At one point, I had about 50 episodes tivo-ed and I would dole them out, just a couple a day, to make them last. You just have to see the show to appreciate it. Tyra Banks is a drag-queen, diva-like, Oprah-wanna-be who attempts, each season, to show the WORLD what an important, difficult, and meaningful job being a model involves. Truly, she brings a level of depth to the CW (the channel) that was never before recognized on national tv.
Actually, the best part of the show is watching 50 minutes of gawky, awkward looking girls and then just being blown away at the amazing pictures they seem to take week after week after week. I have revised my equation of beautiful= model. Because it sure isn't the case. Odd, angular, quirky, funny-featured---that's what all these girls are. But they sure look good on film.
What this show has really taught me is that I am definitely model material. I know that if Tyra and the Jay's got ahold of me, I would blossom and just stun you all. Don't doubt me-- I AM America's Next Top Model . . . .
Thursday, September 20, 2007
America's Next Top Model is . . .
Posted by
Sarah
at
5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh my gosh...i just spit my diet coke out, LOL...I love ANTM. It's the only show I am religious about watching. I was watching it last night and even wanting to blog about it. You beat me to it :0). This season looks good...drama, drama.
I would look that good in one of those outfits too.
I can't believe you put that out in public.
You may as well admit to the Days of Our Lives habit to.
Let me know when you're on - I'll be sure to tune in to that season!
Did El Scorcho mention that he sat down and watched 80% of the series premiere with me???
i am loving the el scorcho and sarah weston comment banter!! and who would have ever guessed sarah to be such a reality tv junkie? wonders never cease.
That is soooo funny!!! I have never watched that show but maybe I should!! Hey Mark, what is wrong with Days of Our Lives? :)
Post a Comment