Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Evolution of Janie

Janie's mobility exploded at about 10 months. She army crawled from 7 months until 10 months, and then finally figured out the real-crawling-thing. I have a secret little love for crawling babies. They remind me of a toy I had (or one of my sister's had . .) that was this little wind-up crawling baby. It's little diaper-swaddled bum would wiggle up and down as the plastic kiddo crawled across the kitchen floor. Too cute. And the real thing--my own live baby!!! Seriously, the crawling bum wiggle would look just silly on anyone else, but it is just saccharine sweet to me on my baby. Too bad that the crawling only lasts for such a short time.



Then just a couple weeks later, I put Janie's walker in front of her and stood her up, just to see what she would do. Madelin and Megan both walked in the door at that same time (home from school) and got to witness Jane's first assisted walking (that didn't include an actual human being)


And of course, it was just a few days later until full-on toddling was occurring. Janie is not quite an accomplished walker, but she does manage to accomplish quite a bit of walking by the end of each day. Her newest this week is pulling herself up to standing without holding onto anything. It all progresses so quickly. I'm glad I took the time to video the evolution.

4 comments:

andrea said...

she looks so teensy, tiny to be walking around! How cute! I agree...nothing better than a wiggley baby bum. She's going to be running in no time. Brace yourself :0)

jen said...

So fun to see the videos. I really wish Ashton would quit army crawling and crawl normal. Then I could have a wiggle baby bum in my house!

Liz said...

How cute!! I know what you mean it seems like it all happened so fast. Mary is cutting her 7th tooth seems like yesterday she just had 2!

Rebekah B. said...

very nice. it's a good thing they wear diapers at this stage...could you imagine the bruises if there wasn't any Huggies or Pampers padding?