Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Flash

I just hit the wall, Flash-wise. I have done all that I am capable of with the website and am completely stuck. Most of my Flash work was just hit or miss, but I managed to customize the majority of the website. One of the few things that I have not been able to manage is adding all the pictures to the portfolio page of the website. I actually got them all inserted in the movie clip, but the thumbnails that you scroll through don't pull them up. I only get the first 3 or so. That and I have no idea how to link the contact form to our email address. I imagine it isn't too difficult, but since I knew I needed help anyway, I thought I would save that issue for later.

Take a look at the website so you can see what's up: www.rinconbuilders.com

The GOOD news is that I have a solution. Yea!!! I found a site called O-desk where I could post my "job" in web design and have people apply to work for me. Outsourcing?? What a FANTASTIC idea. Overnight, I had 30+ people apply to fix my problem for me; resumes and all. And even better, they work for $8-15 an HOUR. I am so sold. Most of the freelancers are from India or Pakistan or Eastern Europe, thus the econo-rates. After finding this gem, I don't think I want to even touch my website again for fear of ruining it. I'll leave the really tough stuff to the professionals. Now I just have to decide between Parthiv from India, Viktor from Russia, or Aziz from Pakistan . . . choices, choices, choices.

So I'm feeling pretty smart at this point. I pushed my limits and learned some cool stuff, and now I get to hand off the rest. Sayonara.

BTW- the whole website is completely flash; did it take forever to load? As long as I am outsourcing, I am going to have Aziz and company create a non-flash version too, to accomodate the impatient visitors among you.

9 comments:

stace said...

try banana album. super easy.

jen said...

I am impressed!! I love the website. It didn't take long to load at all.

Lynette and Anthony said...

It looks FABULOUS!! You've done such a good job.

the bigger family said...

sarah-
i looked at the website and i think it looks great. i am so impressed...i would have thought a web designer did it...wow!
kendra

annebabe said...

didn't take long to load at all! and look at you, outsourcing like you've been doing it for years, way to go! awesome website, seriously. :)

Sarah said...

Kendra- It took me a minute to place "The Bigger Family", but I finally put it together. I followed your name link, but it just went to a BYU ward blog. Do you guys have your own blog too? It is fun to hear from you; I don't think we have seen you since right before you got engaged.

stace said...

oh yeah, did I mention that you are a genius?

Liz said...

Sarah - WOW that is great makes me want to hire him to build my house! Great job on his website.

the bigger family said...

my how time flies. i can't believe it's been almost two years since we saw you.
our blog is
www.thebiggerfamily.blogspot.com
fun way to keep in touch!